Well, Surfer magazine recently released its list of the top ten surf towns in America, with Santa Cruz (holla) taking top honors. While some might see this is as a respectful nod to the cold-water town far-removed from the dominating SoCal surf industry and all the stereotypes that come with it, I can't help but think.....'shit'. It's no secret the waves in and around Santa Cruz are sick and way more consistent than anywhere north or south, but do we really need to advertise this and attracts more people to an already crowded surf town. AND I DONT EVEN LIVE THERE ANYMORE!!! That's the problem with living in a kick ass area, everyone else wants in on it too. Fuck it, I'm still moving up to Felton, my dog will be stoked. Plus I don't remember anywhere in SC being worse than El Porto on a Saturday, and the waves are way better. I mean, how can you keep people away from this???
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment